7 Ways to Celebrate with Romance
Do you have a special occasion coming up? Whether the two of you are
marking a promotion, graduation, or anniversary, you can turn your celebration
into a romantic event with just a little planning. You may not have the
time or money to make a week-long vacation to mark the occasion, but you
can make your celebration a special romantic day. Try these tips for your
next special occasion:
1. Blindfold your lover and drive to a surprise destination. Offer tantalizing
clues along the way but don't give out the secret until you reach your
destination--whether it's a local B&B, a downtown hotel, or a special
2. Gift wrap a present for your lover. Sneakily talk with the waiter
before your food arrives and ask him to slip the present in one of the
dishes--perhaps in the roll basket or a basket of tortilla chips.
3. Surprise your mate after a restaurant dinner with a cake you've pre-ordered.
4. Surprise your lover with a one-night vacation. Rent a room at a local
hotel (even a budget motel) and decorate it with some five star goodies:
a bottle of champagne, some chilled shrimp, fresh strawberries, cheese,
French bread, whatever you like. Pack an overnight bag for each of you.
Pick up your partner from work for a special surprise "night out."
5. Book the honeymoon suite in a local hotel.
6. Turn your home bedroom into a romantic enclave for the night. Buy
satin sheets, fresh flowers, tea candles, and a romantic CD to set the
7. Hire a limousine for your special evening out.